Monday, August 18, 2008

fleet foxes

Woke up this morning around 8 and took the bus with my Ma into Portland... Which is really always a gamble, there's too many crazy people. Started the day off right with this:

No that is not a glass of urine. That's a classic lemonade sweetened with maple syrup. It sounds disgusting but in reality it's amazing, and for $6 I'd choke slam the dude if it wasn't.

Found myself gazing out a lot, too many tourists, looked something like this:


Sometimes I want to throw up when I see all these people. I don't really like them, or their hiking sandals. Speaking of which wtf sort've crazy concept is a hiking sandal? gtfo....

Then I found myself sitting in front of this crazy hole-in-the-wall place chatting it up with some folk from Vermont while my Ma handled her shopping business...

So while I'm sitting here discussing how I could never actually last on a farm co-op, some arse walks by and spits on my loafers by accident....

But the Vermont guy diffused the situation, and all was well.... Until Ma had to use the bathroom and the nearest one was in the local Dunkin's gustapo. Mind you this woman was a villain, straight up, don't let that popped collar fool you, it's a rouse and I wasn't falling for it.... When asked about the bathroom key she told us to jack it from whoever had it, lols (That's Ma's locs in the photog):

After narrowly escaping the Dunkin woman's keen eye ("yo' you're real cute, boy.") Ma and I dipped out back on the bus to home. Where we met a true blue real life duffle bag boi in the flesh:



Don't let the horseshoe cut, and the funny new balances confuse you. This man was hustlin' (note the livestrong band) I didn't have the courage to ask what he kept in his bag, and he kept dosing in and out of a pretty jerky sleep. I kept my distance, lol. Then I returned to the crib to rejoice over this purchase:


Track 5 is my shit, no really.
I've had enough excitement for one day.

paix

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaving me at home so y'all can keep those $6 lemonades to yourself. I see how it is...
;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice review of our day, good shots considering the technology you were using.

By the way Lord B. somebody has to work.

Anonymous said...

yay! now i can visualize your mama's hair. that sounds like a pretty fun day, just chill. happy.

tomorrow-or rather, today i am going back to chicago. more shopping and mental clarity is coming my way.

-emily.